Live Webinar Training -April 14, 2020 – 2 pm EST-2 CEU’s
What you get:
Certificate of Completion
Q & A with Gorski Trainer
Straight Talk About Addiction:
A Biopsychosocial Model
Substance abuse and addiction result from a complex interaction involving the mind-altering substance used and the individualized biopsychosocial response of the user. This course presents a model that integrates over forty years of scientific research on addiction into a practical and easy to understand model that can improve assessment, recovery education, and treatment planning.
The biopsychosocial model establishes addiction as a brain disease that causes personality problems and social dysfunction. The Biopsychosocial Model allows us to make a clear and accurate distinction between substance use, abuse, and addiction. It also allows the progressive symptoms of addiction to be readily identified and organized into progressive stages. As a result, it is ideal for use in recovery education with addicted people and their families.
Upon completing this course, participants will have a solid understanding of; risk factors, the biopsychosocial symptoms of both substance abuse and addiction, and will be able to describe the progressive stages of addiction and the biopsychosocial symptoms in each stage.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe a system that classifies alcohol and other drugs, into four basic drug categories, which is based on the subjective mood altering drugs effect.
- Explain the biopsychosocial risk factors for substance abuse and addiction.
- Explain the difference between the normal brain response and the addictive brain response to a drug.
- Explain the biopsychosocial symptoms, of both substance abuse and addiction, which can be used to objectively evaluate the alcohol and drug use patterns of the client to confirm or rule out substance abuse or addiction.
How it works:
- Purchase the course from gorskibooks.com
- Receive book and training materials – postal mail or email
- Participate in interactive live webinar
- Complete post test – we must have prior to issuing certificate
- Complete training evaluation
- Receive continuing education certificate via email