This home study course explains how to develop a self-help support group that focuses on recovery and relapse prevention while working cooperatively with Twelve Step programs and other self-help groups. It includes everything needed to get a group started. The most commonly asked questions about relapse prevention are answered. The concept of meeting attendance and sponsorship are clearly explained. Preambles and standard meeting agendas are provided. Recovery from chemical dependency is a process, not an event. The recovery process begins when chemically dependent people first recognize they are having problems because of their alcohol or other drug use. The goal is reached when they can live a meaningful and comfortable life without the need for alcohol or other drugs.
* This course does not require additional materials. However, If you prefer a printed copy of text, you can purchase the book in our store at:
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this homestudy course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the relapse process.
- Describe the common warning sign of relapse.
- Understand the concept of relapse prevention therapy and how they relate to the stages of recovery.
- Identify the different types of relapse preventions support groups meetings and how to structure each meeting effectively following the relapse prevention protocol.
- Identify the differences between sponsorship or therapy and how to apply the appropriate processes.